Saturday, March 14, 2009

Mentally Feeling Pretty Good

It's strange. Even though my body feels like it's falling apart and pieces of it are giving out on me, I've been in a super good mood. I know that a lot of it has to do with the fact that my husband Arnie survived kidney cancer surgery and is doing better every day, but there are also a lot of other things that have been making me feel good.

The day before DH's surgery, our son and his wife had a baby boy. Joshua Samuel is their second child, and our fourth grandson!

Due to the fact that Arnie has diabetes and now only one kidney, and he dislikes most vegetables, we had to come up with some new, healthy meal plans. My wonderful SIL sent a big batch of soup recipes, along with a Cuisinart Smart Stick to make creamy soups. I've made two batches of garden vegetable soup, a huge pot of split pea soup, and a pot of veggie soup that has navy beans, grean beans, and onions. Everything has turned out very good, I'm following the recipes exactly and very carefully. This has made me feel good that we're both eating healthy meals and I'm cooking soup that tastes fantastic. It has given me more confidence in the kitchen!

I got my hair cut the shortest it's ever been (it's 1/2 inch long on the top of my head, and shaved closer in the back), and I absolutely love it! It's very thick and straight, I could never do a thing with it as far as styling goes, so this is as easy as it gets.

I've been going to Yoga and riding my stationary bike a couple times a week, losing weight, and basically eating right.

I also taught Montana how to Commando crawl across the floor. Of course, he could never sneak up on anyone because he makes so much noise doing the crawl, but it's loads of fun for both of us.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Great post felt very involved your hair cut sounds lovely, the soup was so tasty I almost could taste it.

    Really glad your darling Arnie is recovering well.

    Hope it all goes well for you.

    Love,
    Herrad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.

    Just came by to see how you are doing.
    Hope you and your darling Arnie are doing well.
    Give your lovely dog a pat from me, he is a3 fine dog.
    Take care.
    Love,
    Herrad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hair. Spouse makes it through surgery, soup is good---life is good. Montana is one smart dog!

    ReplyDelete