Monday, June 14, 2010

Dear Husband


My dear husband had his CT scans done, and we met last week with his oncologist. Everything has stayed the same except for one nodule that has grown from 4 mm to 11 mm. The oncologist recommended waiting two months and then repeating the CT scans to see if there was any more change. My husband told him that we want a second opinion, so he's arranged an appointment with a renal oncologist at the University of Virginia next week. We both will feel better getting a second opinion.


Monty's trainer rode 150 miles in the MS Bike Ride in Charlottesville last weekend. She said that the second day, she nearly gave up after 50 miles because it was so hot and humid, but that she kept thinking about all the people with MS who have Saint Francis service dogs, and that kept her going. She put our dog's pictures on her handlebars. We had a party for her today. Way to go, Connie!


Our two sons, DIL, and three grandsons will be arriving here Wednesday for a short visit. Our son and his family are moving back from Johannesberg to Brooklyn, where he got a job as the head of the Science Department at an exclusive private school. I always wanted to see Brooklyn. It will be so good to see them again!


I'm doing okay. My orthopedic surgeon released me to use our riding lawnmower, which I did Sunday. Our dear neighbors have been taking turns mowing our grass since my surgery, and it sure felt good to be able to get out there and do it myself for a change. Didn't bother my elbow at all.
These are some of the hollyhocks I planted last year in remembrance of my mom, who always had a bunch growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment