Monday, September 6, 2010

Feeling Better


I was beginning to believe that my MS was going to stay at the lower level it was after all the steroids infused and taken. However, I am slowly getting back to my baseline.

My balance is still off, but home physical therapy is working on that. And, I'm faithfully doing my exercises.

My friend Julie, whom I've known since 1st grade, is coming for a visit Sept 19. She will be here for a week. Arnie will be on his 2-week Sutent break by then, and hopefully will be free of all of his symptoms. We plan on taking Julie up to Lexington by way of the Blue Ridge Parkway, which is an awesome drive. Rest and relaxation is top on the list.

October, we're going to NJ to visit my BIL and SIL. The four of us are going to rent a limo and go to New York City and to Brooklyn to see the kids and grandkids. NYC is top on my Bucket List. For $500, which we'll split, we get a limo and driver for 15 hours. Talk about traveling in style! We were worried about taking Montana on the train, then Rocky came up with this idea. Can't wait!!

November, my friend from Tucson is coming for a week. Gabrielle is interested in the Civil War, so Arnie has planned a 2-night trip to the Fredericksburg area for us. He's hiring a private guide to take him and Gabrielle around (I'm staying at the hotel with Montana--not a buff). But, there will be lots for me to see when they return. I haven't seen my friend in six years, but we talk on the phone every Sunday. Can hardly wait to see her!

3 comments:

  1. So happy that your health is improving. Enjoy your travels!
    Peace,
    Muff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maryann
    Please visit my blog and pick up your You Inspire Me Award.
    Love,
    Herrad

    ReplyDelete
  3. if u r better, then where are u? we miss u.

    ReplyDelete