Saturday, September 26, 2009

Tysabri Infusion #1


Yesterday, I had my first Tysabri infusion. I also signed up for the TYGRIS study.

The infusion nurse had a few problems getting the IV needle into my vein. After two tries on my right arm, she had success on my left arm. Jane is a marvelous nurse and very good starting IV's, but my veins don't cooperate and this wasn't the first time that there were problems.

The Tysabri IV ran for an hour, then I was given normal saline for an hour while being watched and checked for any side effects. Luckily I didn't have any side effects, so was released to go home.

I did get a slight headache yesterday evening and Tylenol helped that. I also got a queasy stomach and sipping seltzer helped that.

No improvement yet, not that I expected a miraculous cure after the first infusion!

The picture was taken at a Nature Preserve in SC. I was very proud of myself for walking up and back down the path, and for getting up and down all those stairs. With Montana by my side, I feel safe and confident. He is one fantastic dog!

1 comment:

  1. Hi MaryAnn,
    Lovely photo of you and your beautiful dog.
    Well done for getting all the way up aand down.
    Have a good weekend.
    Love,
    Herrad

    ReplyDelete