Saturday, October 31, 2009

Tysabri #2, Trip


I had my second Tysabri infusion this week, and all went well. No side effects, but my energy level has not gone back up again like it did after the first infusion. I'm not getting any worse, seem to be staying at my baseline, so that is good news.

We went to Newport News, VA. We visited the American War Museum, and I made the mistake of using my forearm crutch. There was exactly one bench in the museum, and I didn't have enough strength to see more than 1/4 of it. The next day we went to The Maritime Museum, and this time I used my walker. We were there for six hours, and didn't even see half of the museum. This was my choice, because I love anything that has to do with the sea. Ate at my favorite restaurant--Cheeseburger in Paradise, and got to shop at Trader Joe's!

From there, we drove to my BIL and SIL's home. DH's cousin and her husband and two dogs also came, and the six of us had a wonderful time together. We all ate too much. The last day there, I had to put on a pair of sweatpants because my jeans were too tight around my waist and so very uncomfortable. We went to the beach because my BIL had a kite that he wanted to fly, but as soon as we got out of the car it started to rain.

I love these people dearly. They watch out for me, like DH and Montana, but they don't make it seem like they're doing it.

It was a nine-hour drive home, but we had to do it that way because I had to get my Tysabri the next day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi MaryAnn,
    Came by to say hello and wish you a good Halloween weekend.
    Love,
    Herrad

    ReplyDelete